- 2 tbsp Ghee or clarified butter
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 1 big handful of fresh spinach
- 8 fresh eggs
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Red chili powder
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop onion into bite-size pieces.
- Melt ghee in the bottom of a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add a handful of onion to the skillet and save the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Arrange a deep layer of spinach in the skillet.
- Slice tomato into thin slices. Very thin. Layer the tomato on top of the spinach. With a big tomato and a small skillet, this means you might have three layers in some sections.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Add a dusting of salt, garlic powder, and turmeric, and a generous amount of dried basil.
- Add a light dusting of red chili powder.
- Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the skillet.
- Grind some fresh black pepper over the eggs and transfer skillet to the hot oven.
- Let bake 13 minutes. The eggs should be well set and firm to the touch after 13 minutes.
- When eggs are done, work the edges free from the skillet with a fork and then slide the eggs and vegetables from the skillet to a plate.
1 Protein Unit
1 Fat Unit
0 Carbohydrate Units
AlignLife Downtown Greenville