- 1/2 lb salmon fillet (4oz each serving)
- 1 small bunch asparagus (*note – the thinner the more tender. Thick sprigs of asparagus have stayed on the plant too long and become woody)
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place rack in the center. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Wash the asparagus and snap (or cut) off the woody ends. Transfer to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with the minced garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer, leaving room for the salmon in the middle.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the middle of the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake until the salmon is opaque and the asparagus is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Ghee over medium heat. Let it brown slightly, then remove from heat. Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cover to keep warm.
- To serve, arrange asparagus on a plate and place the salmon on top. Spoon the balsamic-butter sauce over top. Enjoy
2 Protein Units
2.5 Fat Units
0 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich