- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 leeks
- ½ lemon
- 1/2 lb flounder fillet
- Black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F and position rack in the centre.
- Pat flounder dry with a paper towel and place on a baking sheet. Rub with 1tsp olive oil, drizzle with 1/4 of lemon juice, and season with 1/4 salt and 1/8 freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Wash leeks and trim ends. Slice on the diagonal into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Place flounder in the oven and roast until it’s opaque, 10-15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Melt 3 Tbsp ghee in skillet. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Add leeks and season with 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper; stir to coat in the ghee. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve flounder with “buttered” leeks on the side. Drizzle with juice from remaining ¼ lemon.
2 Protein Units
1.5 Fat Units
0 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich