- 1 avocado
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Boil eggs
- While the eggs are boiling, wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Trim off and discard the root end of the lettuce and remove any blemished leaves; halve the lettuce lengthwise, then chop crosswise into 1-inch pieces and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Once eggs are done, drain and run the eggs under cold water for 1-2 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Halve the tomatoes and transfer to a small bowl.
- Halve the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate, then remove the pit with a knife or spoon; scoop out and medium dice the flesh. Transfer the avocado to a small bowl.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas; set aside in the colander.
- In a small bowl, combine and whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Peel and roughly chop the eggs.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce on a plate, top with the tomatoes, avocado, chickpeas, and eggs, and drizzle with the dressing.
How to make vegan sour cream (mix silken tofu until smooth. add ACV, a little lemon juice and sea salt) to desired consistency and taste
1 Protein Unit
.75 Fat Units
1 Carbohydrate Unit
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich