Servings: 40 (Freeze for later grab n go)
- 2 cups assorted raw nuts (1 cup roasted cashews, 1/2 cup raw pecans, 1/2 cup roasted almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups smooth, almond butter
- 1/2 cup monk fruit syrup
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 oz cocoa chips / nibs (unsweetened)
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade, place the raw nuts, salt, and about half of the coconut flakes. Pulse the mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (3 or 4 times).
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place the almond butter and monk fruit syrup. Microwave the almond butter and monk mixture on 60% power for 30 seconds to loosen the mixture and make it easier to combine with the dry ingredients.
- Mix to combine. To the almond butter and monk fruit syrup mixture, add the pulsed nuts, coconut, and salt mixture, the seeds and the remaining coconut. Mix until well combined
- Allow the mixture to cool for at least 10 minutes, and then add the miniature chocolate chips. Mix until the chips are evenly distributed throughout. If you add the chips when the mixture is hot, the chips will all melt.
- Scoop the mixture by the heaping tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheet (a #50 ice cream scoop works perfectly).
- You should have about 40 portions.(1 Protein Unit Each) Roll each portion tightly into a ball between your palms. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill until firm.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
1 Protein Unit
1 Fat Unit
0 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich