- 4 lamb rib chops
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium parsnips
- 5oz. pkg baby arugula
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 package of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Trim and discard the stem ends and peel the carrots and parsnips; quarter lengthwise into wedges and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Trim and discard ends of the garlic, thinly slice and add to the baking sheet.
- Pinch the top of the rosemary stems with one hand while sliding the other hand down to remove the leaves; discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves. Sprinkle the rosemary over the vegetables.
- Drizzle the vegetables with 1/2 tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer and place the sheet in the oven. Roast, stirring once halfway through the cooking time, until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the skillet heats up, pat the lamb chops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with 1/2 tsp olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper on both sides.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the lamb chops and cook until desired doneness, 2 to 5 minutes per side.
- Wash and dry the arugula (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
- Juice the lemon (remove seeds and add to salad bowl). add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp dijon mustard, 1/4 sea salt, 1/8 black pepper and whisk together.
- Add the arugula to the salad bowl and toss to thoroughly coat with the dressing; set aside.
- Divide the lamb rib chops between two plates (or one plate and one lunch container) and add the roasted vegetables on the side. Add salad to the plate.
2 Protein Units
1.5 Fat Units
2 Carbohydrate Units
Dr. Shonna Babrow-Goodrich